Hypnobirthing is a
well-established technique used successfully by many women to have the birth
they envision. Hypnobirthing can help you stay calm and relaxed during your
birth to enable you to have a positive birth experience. The techniques that
you will learn will enable your body to release endorphins which are the body's
natural pain relief to ensure your body works as nature intended. The powerful
techniques that you will learn enable you to release fears or anxieties around
birth so that you actually look forward to giving birth with confidence. The
techniques include breathing exercises, visualisation and self-hypnosis for
fear release and relaxation.
- Eliminates the
Fear-tension-Pain syndrome before, during and after birthing to enhance the
bodies natural endorphins and reduce stress hormones.
- Brings the mother, the baby
and partner together in bonding experience.
- The birthing partner is an
integral part of the birthing not an onlooker.
- HypnoBirthing explores how the
history of childbirth and the media can affect women's outlook on
- Promotes an active birth and
includes easy to learn massage techniques.
- Reduces the need for routine medical interventions.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Helps to reduce fear associated with childbirth.
- Helps you to remain relaxed, calm and in control no matter what is happening around you.
- Shorter labour and birth.
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Guided imagery can increase women's feelings of control and confidence in the labour process, significantly reduce their perception of pain, help them handle complications that might arise.
To find out more about hypnobirthing please read our Frequently Asked Questions hypnobirthing section
- The course consists 12 hours
which explore several topics including the history of childbirth and how the
body works including the muscle layers of the uterus.
- The body's natural endorphins
will be discussed including the response to fear in labour.
- Several hypnosis techniques
will be practiced in class to be expanded on with your partner at home.
- Other methods of relaxation
utilised including massage, affirmations and visualisation
- Information on compiling your
birth preferences for labour and birthing positions.
- You will also be encouraged to
practice the techniques at home
- You will also see video
footage of hypnobirthing births
Group courses are a comprehensive 12 hours
in length and can be delivered over three or four evenings, or full days during
the weekend. Group courses cost £200 per couple and will include The
Hypnobirthing Book (Katharine Graves) and Colour and Comfort CD
Private sessions in your own home will
costs £350 plus travel expenses. This will include The Hypnobirthing Book
(Katharine Graves) and Colour and Comfort CD If you would like private sessions in your
own home, or you require any further information then please